Cyprus to get first tranche of bailout in early May
BRUSSELS, March 25
BRUSSELS, March 25 (Reuters) - Cyprus will get the first tranche of a 10 billion euro international bailout in early May after all formalities are finished in April, Klaus Regling, the head of the euro zone bailout fund, the European Stability Mechanism, said on Tuesday.
The head of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, said after a meeting of euro zone finance ministers who agreed to the bailout that she would recommend to the board of the IMF that they should take part in the programme, but did not specify the amount.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand