Cyprus bank closures have limited capital flight-Schaeuble
BERLIN, March 25
BERLIN, March 25 (Reuters) - There has been capital flight out of Cyprus but this has been limited in the past week thanks to the closure of banks in the Mediterranean island nation, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said on Monday.
Schaeuble, speaking at a news conference in Berlin, declined to provide figures on how much money had been pulled out of Cyprus in recent days or to say when banks would reopen, saying this was an issue for the European and Cypriot central banks to assess.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia