Cyprus bailout deal to be put to Eurogroup - parliament speaker
NICOSIA, March 25
NICOSIA, March 25 (Reuters) - A bailout deal between Cyprus and its international lenders is "taking shape" and will be put to the finance ministers of the 17-nation euro zone for approval, the speaker of the Cypriot parliament said.
"It seems that the whole process is nearing an agreement," Yiannakis Omirou told reporters in the Cypriot capital, Nicosia. "A proposal is taking shape, an agreement, a programme ... that will put in the next half hour, or hour, to the Eurogroup," he said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |