Cyprus bailout deal to be put to Eurogroup - parliament speaker
NICOSIA, March 25
NICOSIA, March 25 (Reuters) - A bailout deal between Cyprus and its international lenders is "taking shape" and will be put to the finance ministers of the 17-nation euro zone for approval, the speaker of the Cypriot parliament said.
"It seems that the whole process is nearing an agreement," Yiannakis Omirou told reporters in the Cypriot capital, Nicosia. "A proposal is taking shape, an agreement, a programme ... that will put in the next half hour, or hour, to the Eurogroup," he said.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |