STOCKS NEWS THAILAND-Brokerage shares rally on rising market trading
Shares of Thai brokerages jumped 4.9 percent on expectations of strong first-quarter earnings boosted by high brokerage income, traders said.
Among outperformers, shares of Maybank Kim Eng Securities (Thailand) Pcl surged 7.1 percent to 21.2 baht while Asia Plus Securities Pcl jumped 9.7 percent to 3.86 baht.
Broker Trinity Securities gave an 'overweight' rating for the brokerage sector, saying strong market turnover would boost brokerage income in the January-March quarter.
Turnover at Thai stock market hit a 38-year high of 100 billion baht ($3.41 billion) on Friday, when programme selling by brokers sent the broader SET index 3.3 percent lower to a near two-month low of 1,478.97.
1613 (0913 GMT)
($1 = 29.305 baht) (Reporting by Viparat Jantraprap in Bangkok; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source