STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Laep Bermuda assets could be liquidated
The Bermuda assets of Laep Investments Ltd, a Bermuda-based buyout fund with interests in luxury retailing and dairy products in Brazil, could be liquidated after Cayman Islands-based fund GLG Emerging Market Special Situations Fund won the right to be repaid a debt with Laep's assets, according to a securities filing on Monday. Laep owes GLG north of 150 million reais ($76 million) and ranks above employees, shareholders and other creditors in the order of repayment.
But the situation is unlikely to affect the operations of its Brazilian holdings, "which are governed by Brazilian legislation," the filing said.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data