Egypt prosecutor orders activists arrested
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's prosecutor general on Monday ordered the arrest of five prominent political activists pending questioning about violence near the Muslim Brotherhood's headquarters last week, a statement from the prosecutor's office said.
Those ordered arrested included Alaa Abd El-Fattah, a prominent blogger. The five were also banned from travel.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions