Egypt prosecutor orders activists arrested
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's prosecutor general on Monday ordered the arrest of five prominent political activists pending questioning about violence near the Muslim Brotherhood's headquarters last week, a statement from the prosecutor's office said.
Those ordered arrested included Alaa Abd El-Fattah, a prominent blogger. The five were also banned from travel.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network