Egypt prosecutor orders activists arrested
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's prosecutor general on Monday ordered the arrest of five prominent political activists pending questioning about violence near the Muslim Brotherhood's headquarters last week, a statement from the prosecutor's office said.
Those ordered arrested included Alaa Abd El-Fattah, a prominent blogger. The five were also banned from travel.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |