RBS split an option but would be a slow process - UK Treasury
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - British finance minister George Osborne said on Tuesday that any split of the partly state-owned Royal Bank of Scotland would be a slow process.
"While of course we can discuss the merits and demerits of a good bank-bad bank split, I don't think it could be very swiftly delivered," he told British lawmakers during a hearing.
A finance ministry official appearing alongside Osborne added: "Obviously this is an option."
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |