RBS split an option but would be a slow process - UK Treasury
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - British finance minister George Osborne said on Tuesday that any split of the partly state-owned Royal Bank of Scotland would be a slow process.
"While of course we can discuss the merits and demerits of a good bank-bad bank split, I don't think it could be very swiftly delivered," he told British lawmakers during a hearing.
A finance ministry official appearing alongside Osborne added: "Obviously this is an option."
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin