UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 26
LONDON, March 26
LONDON, March 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 15 to 17 points, or as much as 0.27 percent higher, with some bargain-hunters looking to take advantage of the market fall after the Cyprus bailout deal to buy stocks, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent, or 14.38 points lower, at 6,378.38 points on Monday.
* London copper was steady on Tuesday, erasing earlier gains as a flurry of technical buying faded and as traders cut risk on worries that strict terms on a bailout for Cyprus may serve as a template for Europe.
* On the macroeconomic front, CBI distributive trades data for the UK is due to be published at 1100 GMT, while U.S. durable goods and consumer confidence data is published at 1230 GMT and 1400 GMT respectively.
* CYPRUS: The president of Cyprus assured his people a bailout deal he struck with the European Union was in their best interests, but banks will remain closed until Thursday - and even then subject to capital controls to prevent a run on deposits. [ID:nL5N0CH4B2 ]
* RIO TINTO : Mongolia-focused coal miner SouthGobi Resources Ltd posted a hefty loss for 2012 as Ulan Bator forced it to suspend its only producing mine in response to a takeover bid from China's state-owned Chalco . But SouthGobi, which is now controlled by Rio Tinto Ltd has resumed operation and aims to produce 3.2 million tonnes of semi-soft coking coal this year, its president and chief executive, Ross Tromans, told Reuters in a telephone interview.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
COMPASS The services group issues a trading update.
DAILY MAIL The media group hosts an investor day.
KAZAKHMYS The miner reports full-year results.
KINGFISHER The retailer publishes full-year results.
RESOLUTION The insurer posts full-year results.
WOLSELEY The building materials group posts H1 figures.
BELLWAY The housebuilder posts H1 results.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter