Mexican stocks rise sharply as America Movil jumps
MEXICO CITY, March 26
MEXICO CITY, March 26 (Reuters) - Mexican stocks rose sharply on Tuesday, helped by a more than 1 percent gain in shares of America Movil, billionaire Carlos Slim's flagship telecommunications firm.
America Movil stock has rallied back about 12 percent from an around 4-year low hit on March 15 as investors bet a slump on concerns about tougher regulation were overblown.
The IPC stock index rose 1 percent, also boosted by gains in miner Grupo Mexico and bottler and convenience chain operator Femsa.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image