US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street rises at open after data
NEW YORK, March 26
NEW YORK, March 26 (Reuters) - Wall Street advanced at the open on Tuesday after data showed the economy continued to slowly improve, lifting the S&P 500 closer to its record high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 63.82 points, or 0.44 percent, to 14,511.57. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 6.41 points, or 0.41 percent, to 1,558.10. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 14.43 points, or 0.45 percent, to 3,249.73.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn