US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street rises at open after data
NEW YORK, March 26
NEW YORK, March 26 (Reuters) - Wall Street advanced at the open on Tuesday after data showed the economy continued to slowly improve, lifting the S&P 500 closer to its record high.
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 63.82 points, or 0.44 percent, to 14,511.57. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 6.41 points, or 0.41 percent, to 1,558.10. The Nasdaq Composite Index added 14.43 points, or 0.45 percent, to 3,249.73.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment