NEC Mobiling hits record high; sources say NEC to sell subsidiary
TOKYO, March 26
TOKYO, March 26 (Reuters) - Shares of NEC Mobiling Ltd jumped 14.6 percent to 5,510 yen to a record high on Tuesday after sources said its parent NEC Corp is planning to sell a 51 percent stake.
NEC shares climbed 5.4 percent to 256 yen.
NEC Corp expects to sell the NEC Mobiling stake for 70 to 80 billion yen ($742 million - $848 million), financial and industry sources told Reuters, adding that Marubeni Corp's telecommunications unit and TD Mobile are among the prospective buyers. (Reporting by Dominic Lau; editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions