Cypriot bank branches in Greece to reopen on Wednesday
ATHENS (Reuters) - The branches of three Cypriot banks in Greece will reopen on Wednesday after Greece's Piraeus Bank agreed to take them over, a finance ministry official said on Tuesday.
Piraeus later confirmed the Cypriot banks, which have been closed since March 19, would open on Wednesday.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos, editing by Deepa Babington)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles