Supreme Court concludes arguments on California gay marriage ban
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Supreme Court completed more than an hour of oral arguments on Tuesday over California's Proposition 8, which voters approved in 2008 to ban same-sex marriage in the state.
The court's nine justices may rule by the end of June on whether the law may stand.
(Reporting by David Ingram)
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting