Foreign aid worker shot in Yemen: security source
SANAA (Reuters) - A Western aid worker was shot on Tuesday in the Yemeni capital by unidentified gunmen and was in a critical condition, a security official said.
"The foreign worker was in the car of an international organization when she was shot in one of Sanaa's streets," the official said.
No further details were immediately available.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari; Writing by Mahmoud Habboush; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows