Aastrom Biosciences ends drug trial, to cut half its workforce
March 27 (Reuters) - Aastrom Biosciences Inc said it would end the late-stage trial of its drug to treat critical limb ischemia - a form of peripheral arterial disease - and cut about half of its workforce.
The company now plans to focus on its experimental treatment for a heart condition called dilated cardiomyopathy, in which the heart becomes weak and cannot pump blood efficiently.
The company has about 71 employees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine