Aeon to buy additional stake in Daiei in takeover bid
TOKYO, March 27
TOKYO, March 27 (Reuters) - Japan's top retailer Aeon Co Ltd said on Wednesday that it will buy an additional 24 percent stake in domestic rival Daiei Inc from Marubeni Corp, finalising an expected takeover deal.
Aeon, which already holds a 20 percent stake in Daiei, said it will pay 270 yen per share for the additional 24 percent stake. (Reporting by Shinichi Saoshiro; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections