CORRECTED-Volvo to launch first new car with Geely in late 2014-CEO
(Corrects name of Volvo parent company In first paragraph)
NEW YORK, March 27 (Reuters) - Swedish automaker Volvo Car will introduce its first all-new vehicle as a unit of China's Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co Ltd in late 2014, Volvo Chief Executive Hakan Samuelsson said on Wednesday.
The new model will be a successor to the Volvo XC90 crossover vehicle, Samuelsson told Reuters on the sidelines of the New York auto show.
Volvo is also jointly developing with Geely a new compact platform. A platform is a common underpinning that is generally used on several different vehicle models. (Reporting by Paul Lienert in New York; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |