Cyprus to limit cash withdrawals to 300 EUR/day
NICOSIA, March 27
NICOSIA, March 27 (Reuters) - Cypriots will be unable to cash cheques or withdraw more than 300 euros per day under capital controls in place when the island's banks reopen on Thursday, a Central Bank official told the Cypriot state broadcaster.
Yiangos Demetriou, head of internal audit at the Central Bank, said the controls would allow unlimited use of credit cards within Cyprus, but set a limit of 5,000 euros ($6,400) per month abroad.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand