Nikkei ends higher in choppy trade; ex-div factor limits gains
TOKYO, March 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average edged up in a choppy session on Wednesday after many shares went ex-dividend, offsetting the boost to sentiment from Wall Street's data-led gains. The benchmark Nikkei closed 0.2 percent higher at 12,493.79 after moving in and out of positive territory throughout the session. The index is 1.2 percent below a 4-1/2 year high of 12,650.26 struck last Thursday. The broader Topix gained 0.2 percent to 1,046.47 in light trade.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image