Nikkei ends higher in choppy trade; ex-div factor limits gains
TOKYO, March 27 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average edged up in a choppy session on Wednesday after many shares went ex-dividend, offsetting the boost to sentiment from Wall Street's data-led gains. The benchmark Nikkei closed 0.2 percent higher at 12,493.79 after moving in and out of positive territory throughout the session. The index is 1.2 percent below a 4-1/2 year high of 12,650.26 struck last Thursday. The broader Topix gained 0.2 percent to 1,046.47 in light trade.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls