UK's RBS says capital position is strong
LONDON, March 27
LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - Part-nationalised Royal Bank of Scotland said on Wednesday its capital position was strong, after the Bank of England ordered Britain's banks to plug a 25 billion pound ($38 billion) capital shortfall.
"RBS has a strong capital position...we will continue to work with our regulators to ensure RBS remains at the forefront of international capital standards," the bank said.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister