Italy's Bersani to report to President on Thursday after talks
ROME (Reuters) - Italian center-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani will report to President Giorgio Napolitano by Thursday on the outcome of talks with other parties about forming a government, he said on Wednesday.
Earlier the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement rejected overtures from Bersani, who is trying to muster the numbers to form a government after last month's deadlocked general election.
Bersani has already ruled out a coalition with the center-right bloc led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
(Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow