Italy's Bersani to report to President on Thursday after talks
ROME (Reuters) - Italian center-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani will report to President Giorgio Napolitano by Thursday on the outcome of talks with other parties about forming a government, he said on Wednesday.
Earlier the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement rejected overtures from Bersani, who is trying to muster the numbers to form a government after last month's deadlocked general election.
Bersani has already ruled out a coalition with the center-right bloc led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
(Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers released from Atlanta hospital after cleared of Ebola |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks