Italy's Bersani to report to President on Thursday after talks
ROME (Reuters) - Italian center-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani will report to President Giorgio Napolitano by Thursday on the outcome of talks with other parties about forming a government, he said on Wednesday.
Earlier the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement rejected overtures from Bersani, who is trying to muster the numbers to form a government after last month's deadlocked general election.
Bersani has already ruled out a coalition with the center-right bloc led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
(Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.