Italy's Bersani to report to President on Thursday after talks
ROME (Reuters) - Italian center-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani will report to President Giorgio Napolitano by Thursday on the outcome of talks with other parties about forming a government, he said on Wednesday.
Earlier the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement rejected overtures from Bersani, who is trying to muster the numbers to form a government after last month's deadlocked general election.
Bersani has already ruled out a coalition with the center-right bloc led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
(Reporting By Catherine Hornby)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane