Five people die in mobile home fire in western Illinois
(Reuters) - Five people, including some children, were killed in a fire that engulfed a mobile home in western Illinois, a representative of the local county coroner's office on Wednesday.
Authorities were called early Wednesday to the fire at the mobile home near Sherrard, about 10 miles south of Moline, Illinois, and continued working through the morning to recover the bodies, a representative of the Mercer County Coroner said.
It was unclear exactly how many children were among those killed in the overnight fire. Authorities were still investigating the cause of the blaze.
(Reporting by David Bailey, editing by G Crosse)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video