Chile AES Gener in loan deal of up to $1 bln for power project
SANTIAGO, March 28
SANTIAGO, March 28 (Reuters) - Chilean energy company AES Gener signed an agreement on Thursday with a syndicate of international banks to take on a loan of up to $1.0 billion to develop its Cochrane coal-fired power project.
The 532 megawatt, $1.350 billion project will be built in the mining-rich, power-hungry region of Antofagasta.
Cochrane is 60 percent owned by a subsidiary of AES Gener , with the remainder in the hands of a unit of Japan's Mitsubishi Corp.
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran