Chile AES Gener in loan deal of up to $1 bln for power project
SANTIAGO, March 28
SANTIAGO, March 28 (Reuters) - Chilean energy company AES Gener signed an agreement on Thursday with a syndicate of international banks to take on a loan of up to $1.0 billion to develop its Cochrane coal-fired power project.
The 532 megawatt, $1.350 billion project will be built in the mining-rich, power-hungry region of Antofagasta.
Cochrane is 60 percent owned by a subsidiary of AES Gener , with the remainder in the hands of a unit of Japan's Mitsubishi Corp.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins