Chile Dec-Feb jobless rate climbs to 6.2 pct, market expected 6.0 pct
SANTIAGO, March 28
SANTIAGO, March 28 (Reuters) - Chile's jobless rate for December to February unexpectedly rose to 6.2 percent due to a drop in domestic, teaching and retail jobs, the statistics agency said on Thursday.
The unemployment rate was forecast to have remained at 6.0 percent, the six-year low it hit in the November-January period, according to the median response of 10 analysts and economists polled by Reuters.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source