Chile Dec-Feb jobless rate climbs to 6.2 pct, market expected 6.0 pct
SANTIAGO, March 28
SANTIAGO, March 28 (Reuters) - Chile's jobless rate for December to February unexpectedly rose to 6.2 percent due to a drop in domestic, teaching and retail jobs, the statistics agency said on Thursday.
The unemployment rate was forecast to have remained at 6.0 percent, the six-year low it hit in the November-January period, according to the median response of 10 analysts and economists polled by Reuters.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections