Italy centrist group says little seen from talks with Bersani
ROME, March 28
ROME, March 28 (Reuters) - The centrist group led by outgoing prime minister Mario Monti said on Thursday centre-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani, who has been trying to gather support to form a government, had not responded to proposals it had made at a meeting this week.
"Forty eight hours after the meeting with Pier Luigi Bersani, little has been seen from the proposals we made," the Civic Choice alliance said in a statement, adding to signs that Bersani's bid to form a government may not succeed.
Bersani is due to report to the Italian president whether he has enough support for form a government on Thursday evening.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |