EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains as periphery stabilises
LONDON, March 28
LONDON, March 28 (Reuters) - German Bund futures erased gains made earlier in the session, falling to a session low on Thursday as investors closed out long positions and with lower-rated euro zone bonds stabilising.
"We've had some selling in the peripherals at the open, but that's passed now. We seem to have stabilised there and stocks are trading up as well," one trader said.
Bund futures dipped to a low of 145.45, down 7 ticks on the day, having earlier risen as high as 145.87. Italian 10-year bond yields stood flat on the day at 4.77 percent, reversing an initial rise.
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey