Germany's E.ON agrees to increase stake in Brazil's MPX
SAO PAULO, March 28
SAO PAULO, March 28 (Reuters) - Germany's E.ON SE agreed to increase its stake in Brazilian power producer MPX Energia SA, buying a quarter of the company from controlling shareholder Eike Batista and participating in a capital injection of up to 1.2 billion reais ($596 million).
E.ON will subscribe for 367 million reais of new shares and purchase a 24.5 percent stake from Batista for 10 reais to 11 reais each, according to a Thursday securities filing, bringing the German company's total stake in MPX to 36 percent.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York