Germany's E.ON agrees to increase stake in Brazil's MPX
SAO PAULO, March 28
SAO PAULO, March 28 (Reuters) - Germany's E.ON SE agreed to increase its stake in Brazilian power producer MPX Energia SA, buying a quarter of the company from controlling shareholder Eike Batista and participating in a capital injection of up to 1.2 billion reais ($596 million).
E.ON will subscribe for 367 million reais of new shares and purchase a 24.5 percent stake from Batista for 10 reais to 11 reais each, according to a Thursday securities filing, bringing the German company's total stake in MPX to 36 percent.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke