Moody's affirms Ireland's Ba1/NP ratings and negative outlook
March 28 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service on Thursday affirmed the Republic of Ireland's Ba1/Not Prime government bond ratings and kept them on a negative outlook, citing vulnerability in the euro area following the recent bailout of Cyprus.
"The move has significantly heightened fears surrounding the safety of bank deposits in other European systems," the ratings agency said.
Moody's also said the negative outlook reflected the continued poor asset quality of the Irish banking system.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning