SocGen closes $2 bln sale of Egypt unit
PARIS, March 28
PARIS, March 28 (Reuters) - Societe Generale said on Thursday it finalised the sale of its entire stake in Egyptian subsidiary National Societe Generale Bank (NSGB) to Qatar National Bank for $2 billion.
The French bank said it would book a net gain of 370 million euros ($473 million) in the first quarter on the deal, which it said would increase the group's Basel 3 Core Tier 1 ratio by 29 basis points on a pro forma basis at the end of 2013. ($1 = 0.7824 euros) (Reporting by Lionel Laurent; Editing by James Regan)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections