RPT-Chesapeake sets up office of chairman, CEO hunt may be extended
March 29 (Reuters) - Chesapeake Energy Corp said it had set up a three-person office of the chairman to take on certain day-to-day management responsibilities as the search for a new chief executive to replace Aubrey McClendon likely extends beyond an April 1 deadline.
Chesapeake also named Chief Operating Officer Steven Dixon acting CEO.
McClendon is expected to step down on Monday even if a successor has not been named, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
The office of the chairman includes Dixon, Chairman Archie Dunham, and Chief Financial Officer Domenic Dell'Osso.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'