Tokyo Gas to join Texas shale gas upstream project
TOKYO, March 29
TOKYO, March 29 (Reuters) - Tokyo Gas Co, Japan's biggest city gas supplier, said on Friday it would join a shale gas development project in the Barnett Shale formation in Texas.
The Tokyo-based company said its subsidiary signed a contract with Quicksilver Resources Inc to buy 25 percent of a shale gas development project owned by the Fort Worth, Texas-based company for $485 million.
- U.S. leaders call for 'war' on Ebola outbreak, pledge troops
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels