Tokyo Gas to join Texas shale gas upstream project
TOKYO, March 29
TOKYO, March 29 (Reuters) - Tokyo Gas Co, Japan's biggest city gas supplier, said on Friday it would join a shale gas development project in the Barnett Shale formation in Texas.
The Tokyo-based company said its subsidiary signed a contract with Quicksilver Resources Inc to buy 25 percent of a shale gas development project owned by the Fort Worth, Texas-based company for $485 million.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia