American Greetings to be taken private by founding family
April 1 (Reuters) - American Greetings Corp's founding family has reached a deal to buy the gift card and party goods company, valuing it at about $878 million.
Shareholders excluding the Weiss Family and related entities will receive $18.20 per share in cash, plus a dividend of 15 cents per share. The stock closed at $16.10 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
Chief Executive Zev Weiss, other members of the founding Weiss family and related parties raised their offer in January to $17.50 per share from their original offer of $17.18 in September.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data