American Greetings to be taken private by founding family
April 1 (Reuters) - American Greetings Corp's founding family has reached a deal to buy the gift card and party goods company, valuing it at about $878 million.
Shareholders excluding the Weiss Family and related entities will receive $18.20 per share in cash, plus a dividend of 15 cents per share. The stock closed at $16.10 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
Chief Executive Zev Weiss, other members of the founding Weiss family and related parties raised their offer in January to $17.50 per share from their original offer of $17.18 in September.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, four wounded after student opens fire Washington state school
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- Police say New York hatchet attack by Islamic convert was terrorist attack |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |