Shares of Brazil steelmaker CSN rise as earnings beat estimates
SAO PAULO, April 1
SAO PAULO, April 1 (Reuters) - Preferred shares of Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, Brazil's second-largest producer of flat steel products, rose in opening trade on Monday after the company posted better-than-expected fourth quarter profits on Thursday.
At 9:09 a.m. (1309 GMT), CSN shares were up 2.3 percent to 9.34 reais, after having risen over 3 percent earlier in the session. The Sao Paulo stock exchange was closed on Friday due a holiday.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions