Bank of Cyprus, Popular Bank shares suspended until Apr 15
NICOSIA, April 2
NICOSIA, April 2 (Reuters) - Cyprus's stock exchange said on Tuesday trading in shares of Bank of Cyprus and Cyprus Popular Bank would be suspended until April 15 inclusive to protect shareholders.
Administrators have been appointed for Popular, which will be split into a "good" and a "bad" bank, with its good assets taken by Bank of Cyprus under terms of a bailout deal with international lenders.
In addition, Bank of Cyprus' major depositors will see 37.5 percent of their uninsured deposits converted to equity.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |