Macau gambling revenue up 25.4 percent in March yr/yr
HONG KONG, April 2
HONG KONG, April 2 (Reuters) - Gambling revenue in Macau, the world's biggest gambling destination, rose 25.4 percent to 31.34 billion patacas ($3.92 billion) in March, according to government data.
Macau, a Portuguese colony until 1999, is the only place in China where casino gambling is legal. Full-year gambling revenue hit $38 billion last year.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'