Macau gambling revenue up 25.4 percent in March yr/yr
HONG KONG, April 2
HONG KONG, April 2 (Reuters) - Gambling revenue in Macau, the world's biggest gambling destination, rose 25.4 percent to 31.34 billion patacas ($3.92 billion) in March, according to government data.
Macau, a Portuguese colony until 1999, is the only place in China where casino gambling is legal. Full-year gambling revenue hit $38 billion last year.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro