Macau gambling revenue up 25.4 percent in March yr/yr
HONG KONG, April 2
HONG KONG, April 2 (Reuters) - Gambling revenue in Macau, the world's biggest gambling destination, rose 25.4 percent to 31.34 billion patacas ($3.92 billion) in March, according to government data.
Macau, a Portuguese colony until 1999, is the only place in China where casino gambling is legal. Full-year gambling revenue hit $38 billion last year.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |