Indian shares gain for 4th day; Reliance, Sun Pharma lead
MUMBAI, April 2 (Reuters) - Indian shares inched higher for the fourth session on Tuesday with select blue-chips including Reliance Industries gaining on optimism about delivering good numbers while Sun Pharmaceuticals rose after a report of a price hike by a unit. Reliance Industries gained 2.14 percent while Sun Pharmaceutical Industries ended 5 percent higher. Reliance Communications Ltd gained 16.9 percent after signing a 12-billion-rupee pact with Reliance Jio Infocomm, a unit of Reliance Industries. The BSE index provisionally gained 0.93 percent, while the 50-share NSE index ended up 0.77 percent. (Reporting by Manoj Dharra; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- UPDATE 2-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning