Hong Kong shares to open down 0.4 pct, Shui On Land sinks
HONG KONG, April 2
HONG KONG, April 2 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start lower on Tuesday, with Shui On Land tumbling 12.3 percent after the Hong Kong property developer announced plans to offer up to 2.25 billion share rights at a 45 percent discount to its Thursday closing price.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open down 0.4 percent at 22,203.9. The China Enterprises Index of the leading Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start down 0.8 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans