US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends higher on health insurers
NEW YORK, April 2
NEW YORK, April 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher on Tuesday, though off their session highs, with increased payment rates for some health insurers boosting the sector.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 89.16 points, or 0.61 percent, at 14,662.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 8.07 points, or 0.52 percent, at 1,570.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 15.69 points, or 0.48 percent, at 3,254.86.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default