US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends higher on health insurers
NEW YORK, April 2
NEW YORK, April 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher on Tuesday, though off their session highs, with increased payment rates for some health insurers boosting the sector.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 89.16 points, or 0.61 percent, at 14,662.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 8.07 points, or 0.52 percent, at 1,570.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 15.69 points, or 0.48 percent, at 3,254.86.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details