US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends higher on health insurers
NEW YORK, April 2
NEW YORK, April 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended higher on Tuesday, though off their session highs, with increased payment rates for some health insurers boosting the sector.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 89.16 points, or 0.61 percent, at 14,662.01. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 8.07 points, or 0.52 percent, at 1,570.24. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 15.69 points, or 0.48 percent, at 3,254.86.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel