Short-selling on Monte Paschi shares banned Tue, Wed
MILAN, April 2
MILAN, April 2 (Reuters) - Italian market watchdog Consob has banned short-selling on Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena's shares on Tuesday and Wednesday, it said in a statement.
Consob said the ban came into force at 1230 GMT on Tuesday.
The stock, which was suspended from trading several times on Tuesday due to excessive losses, shed 6.3 percent by 1242 GMT. (Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon