Short-selling on Monte Paschi shares banned Tue, Wed
MILAN, April 2
MILAN, April 2 (Reuters) - Italian market watchdog Consob has banned short-selling on Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena's shares on Tuesday and Wednesday, it said in a statement.
Consob said the ban came into force at 1230 GMT on Tuesday.
The stock, which was suspended from trading several times on Tuesday due to excessive losses, shed 6.3 percent by 1242 GMT. (Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans