Short-selling on Monte Paschi shares banned Tue, Wed
MILAN, April 2
MILAN, April 2 (Reuters) - Italian market watchdog Consob has banned short-selling on Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena's shares on Tuesday and Wednesday, it said in a statement.
Consob said the ban came into force at 1230 GMT on Tuesday.
The stock, which was suspended from trading several times on Tuesday due to excessive losses, shed 6.3 percent by 1242 GMT. (Reporting By Silvia Aloisi, editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers