William Demant to buy French hearing aid implant maker
COPENHAGEN, April 2
COPENHAGEN, April 2 (Reuters) - Danish hearing aid maker William Demant said on Tuesday that it plans to buy Neurelec, a French maker of hearing aid implants, for 57.5 million euros ($73.9 million).
William Demant said the deal would help to bolster its position in the growing implant market. It already has a quarter of the global market in bone-anchored hearing aids.
The deal will not affect its earnings expectations for the year, the company said. ($1 = 0.7784 euros) (Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped