Anil Ambani group shares surge; pact with Reliance Industries' unit
MUMBAI, April 2
MUMBAI, April 2 (Reuters) - Shares in Anil Ambani group companies rose sharply after its telecom firm Reliance Communications Ltd entered into a pact with a unit of Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries Ltd. for sharing the company's optic fibre network, sparking speculation about a wider rapproachement among the brothers.
Reliance Communications provisionally closed 16.9 percent higher, while Reliance Infrastructure Ltd extended gains to 4.8 percent, and Reliance Capital Ltd gained 5.6 percent.
Mukesh Ambani-controlled Reliance Industries rose 2.1 percent.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow