Italy president says "wise men" should finish work in 10 days
ROME (Reuters) - The two working groups appointed by President Giorgio Napolitano to try to identify a way out of Italy's political gridlock should have finished their work within 10 days, the president's office said on Tuesday.
"The correct period should be 8-10 days," Napolitano said in a statement posted on the website of his Quirinale palace.
The two groups, dubbed Napolitano's "wise men", will try to find common ground among the political parties on economic and institutional reforms, in the hope this will help the formation of a government following February's inconclusive election.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |