UPDATE 1-AstraZeneca wins temporary block on Actavis asthma drug
LONDON, April 3 (Reuters) - AstraZeneca has secured a temporary block on U.S. sales of generic copies of its Pulmicort Repsules asthma drug by Actavis.
Actavis said on Wednesday a New Jersey district court granted the temporary restraining order preventing further distribution of its generic version of the medicine until April 12.
The decision gives AstraZeneca time to appeal against a ruling two days ago that declared a patent on Pulmicort Repsules to be invalid.
Teva already has a generic form the drug on the market following an earlier deal with AstraZeneca.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |