UPDATE 1-AstraZeneca wins temporary block on Actavis asthma drug
LONDON, April 3 (Reuters) - AstraZeneca has secured a temporary block on U.S. sales of generic copies of its Pulmicort Repsules asthma drug by Actavis.
Actavis said on Wednesday a New Jersey district court granted the temporary restraining order preventing further distribution of its generic version of the medicine until April 12.
The decision gives AstraZeneca time to appeal against a ruling two days ago that declared a patent on Pulmicort Repsules to be invalid.
Teva already has a generic form the drug on the market following an earlier deal with AstraZeneca.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32