RPT-Best Buy offers 30 pct off iPad 3 tablets; no discount on minis
NEW YORK, April 3 (Reuters) - Retailer Best Buy Co is offering a 30 percent discount on its current stock of Apple iPad 3 tablets, a spokeswoman for the world's largest consumer electronics chain said on Wednesday.
Retailers typically slash prices on products in the lead-up to a major launch of a new iPad or iPhone as a way of clearing old inventory, analysts have said.
"We're not discounting the price of iPad minis currently -- however, we are offering 30% off all iPad 3's right now," Best Buy spokeswoman Carly Morris said in an e-mail to Reuters.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |