RPT-Best Buy offers 30 pct off iPad 3 tablets; no discount on minis
NEW YORK, April 3 (Reuters) - Retailer Best Buy Co is offering a 30 percent discount on its current stock of Apple iPad 3 tablets, a spokeswoman for the world's largest consumer electronics chain said on Wednesday.
Retailers typically slash prices on products in the lead-up to a major launch of a new iPad or iPhone as a way of clearing old inventory, analysts have said.
"We're not discounting the price of iPad minis currently -- however, we are offering 30% off all iPad 3's right now," Best Buy spokeswoman Carly Morris said in an e-mail to Reuters.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness