Royalty Pharma handed May deadline to make firm Elan offer
DUBLIN, April 3
DUBLIN, April 3 (Reuters) - U.S. investment firm Royalty Pharma must either announce an offer for Irish drugmaker Elan by May 10 or not proceed with a $6.6 billion approach, Ireland's Takeover Panel said on Wednesday.
Elan has rejected Royalty's indicative approach, worth $11 per Elan share, and welcomed the takeover panel's imposition of a deadline, reiterating that the "highly conditional indication of interest" was opportunistic in its timing.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown