Royalty Pharma handed May deadline to make firm Elan offer
DUBLIN, April 3
DUBLIN, April 3 (Reuters) - U.S. investment firm Royalty Pharma must either announce an offer for Irish drugmaker Elan by May 10 or not proceed with a $6.6 billion approach, Ireland's Takeover Panel said on Wednesday.
Elan has rejected Royalty's indicative approach, worth $11 per Elan share, and welcomed the takeover panel's imposition of a deadline, reiterating that the "highly conditional indication of interest" was opportunistic in its timing.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image