German stocks - Factors to watch on April 3
FRANKFURT, April 3
FRANKFURT, April 3 (Reuters) - The DAX top-30 index looked set to open 0.3 percent lower on Wednesday, according to premarket data from brokerage Lang & Schwarz at 0614 GMT.
The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks:
BMW, DAIMLER, VOLKSWAGEN
BMW indicated unchanged
Daimler indicated 0.1 percent lower
VW indicated unchanged
German March car sales due after figures from France, Spain and Italy on Tuesday.
Separately on Tuesday, Volkswagen reported a 3.1 percent increase in U.S. sales to 37,704 vehicles, BMW said U.S. sales rose 11.2 pct to 33,149 cars.
Indicated 0.1 percent lower
The company said the sum of newly acquired leasing assets, the factoring volume and business start-up financing in the first quarter increased by 14.9 percent to 275.6 million euros.
Indicated 2.1 percent higher
The aerospace group announced a share buyback worth up to 3.75 billion euros ($4.81 billion) on Tuesday to dampen sales by a dismantled group of core shareholders, following a radical shake-up of its structure.
OVERSEAS STOCK MARKETS
Dow Jones +0.6 pct, S&P 500 +0.5 pct, Nasdaq +0.5 pct at Tuesday's close.
Nikkei +2.7 pct at 0505 GMT.
EUROPEAN FACTORS TO WATCH
REUTERS TOP NEWS (Reporting by Victoria Bryan and Ludwig Burger)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police